Glow or fairness is something people strive to have. For some, it is just a concern for good health while others wish to achieve it for cosmetic reasons. There are plenty of ways to achieve natural glowing skin. Simply by making diet and lifestyle changes people can make their skin healthy. Also, there are many skincare and cosmetic products on the market that can give a glowing skin appearance.
So, let’s learn more about how one can naturally improve and take care of the skin.
What is skin glow or natural glowing skin?
Glowing skin or skin glow is idealized differently by different people. It might mean looking healthy and refreshed for some rather than dull, dry or unevenly textured. Many people think of it as a natural sheen or just a glow.
We, Astaberry, promote cherishing and achieving healthy skin. Healthy skin will appear:
- Fewer breaks or free from blemishes and smooth
- Neither too dry nor too oily, which means sufficiently hydrated
- No redness or inflammation and fair even in colour
It’s pivotal to note that healthy skin is not perfect skin and perfect skin is not attainable. While having typical characteristics like visible pores, fine lines and wrinkles, birthmarks, and occasional blemishes skin can be healthy and glowing.
Factors affecting skin health
Everyone has a different skin type. Some people may be able to accomplish a glowing skin normally more than others due to a range of factors.
Some factors that do influence skin health are:
- Hormones: A person can have oily or dry skin due to the fluctuations in hormone levels that trigger the breakouts of acne. This stands true for all people, particularly during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause.
- Genetics: Dull and dry skin can also be influenced by the genes the person is born with. Freckles, spots or other skin issues are most commonly based on genetics.
- Environmental factors: Some external factors such as sun exposure, extreme temperatures, dry air, dust, dirt, impurities, pollutants, and tobacco smoke can harm the skin.
- Health conditions and medications: People who have other coexisting health conditions, or who take medications, are more vulnerable to facing a negative impact on skin health. A similar example would be, hormonal birth control which can have both positive and negative impacts on the skin.
- Behaviour: Skin health can also be influenced negatively by insufficient water intake, poor diet, not getting enough sleep, stress levels, and lack of exercise. The products that a person uses on their skin can also either promote or hinder their skin health.
We, understand it is not possible to prevent yourself from all of these factors which obstruct you from achieving good skin health, but, changes in your lifestyle and every day habits can help you take care of your skin.
A healthy diet for healthy skin
Healthy diet is essential for the entire body, including the skin. Even if a person follows a good skincare routine, they may not find their skin healthy if they do not take care of themselves internally.
To look after yourself internally you should avoid foods that are high in sugar, salt and saturated fats. Instead, one should drive themselves to focus on fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts and avocados. Certain nutrients are also highly beneficial for skin health:
- Vitamin A: Promotes the growth and maintenance of healthy skin cells and may protect you against skin cancer. Some sources are sweet potato, spinach, carrots etcetera.
- Riboflavin or Vitamin B2: Helps to manage collagen levels in the skin. Sources are cereals, dairy and almonds.
- Vitamin B6: Its deficiency can lead to skin rashes and cracks in the skin around the mouth. Sources are chickpeas, potatoes, bananas, cereals etcetera.
- Vitamin C: An antioxidant that is highly beneficial for the skin. It promotes overall skin health, prevents sun damage and also reduces the risk of some skin diseases. Can be consumed from citrus fruits, bell peppers, kiwi, broccoli, and strawberries.
- Vitamin D plays a major role in wound healing and reduces skin inflammation. Sources are milk, cereals etcetera.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps protect against skin damage. Sunflower seeds, almonds, sunflower oil, and peanut butter are some sources.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Protects against sun damage and may help in some skin conditions. Sources are walnuts, chia seeds, canola oil etcetera.
- Zinc: Helps in wound healing. Can be consumed from beans, cereals, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas etcetera.
Skincare for skin glow
A lot of people start working towards healthy-looking skin with skincare products. But, the question arises, what skincare products to choose because there are too many companies and selecting the right one for your skin can get complicating.
We, Astaberry, do not recommend any chemically rendered product that can lead to side effects, not today but maybe tomorrow. Our natural products for glowing skin are formulated with natural ingredients and based on ayurvedic science can help you achieve the right kind of natural glow you strive for. Even if you don’t have the time in your hectic lifestyle to put into your skin, you still can make your skin glow naturally. We suggest a simple skincare routine that consists of cleansing, moisturizing, and sun protection. These can also be considered natural remedies for glowing skin.
Cleansing products are used for removing dirt, makeup and excess oil from the skin. When choosing a cleanser, it is important to consider that it should be gentle, pH balanced and does not include any harsh chemicals or soap.
Cleansers should be used upon waking up, before going to bed and after sweating. Use lukewarm water instead of hot or cold and pat the skin dry with a clean towel.
Moisturizers add water or hydrate the skin. To trap the moisture in the skin, applying moisturizers after cleansing delivers the best results.
People with oily skin should use oil-free or less oily moisturizers, while those with dry skin may prefer moisturizers containing more oil or butter.
With the rising pollution, the sunlight has also become more harmful. It contains UV light combined with other pollutants that cause burning, sun damage and visible signs of ageing. Putting on an SPF product just before going outside is an easy way to minimize the risk. When choosing an SPF product, one should consider, the SPF value (30 or above) and what suits the skin type.
Apply sunscreen to all the areas of the body that will be exposed to the sun protection, including the eyes and neck. Avoid sun exposure by staying in shade and wearing lightweight clothing and a hat to cover the scalp.
There are also other products such as exfoliators, scrubs, natural bleaches, gels and face packs.
Lifestyle changes for natural glowing skin
Some tips for natural glowing skin that can be incorporated into the lifestyle are:
Smoking contributes to several skin problems like premature ageing, the appearance of wrinkles, slow wound healing, skin infections, and some skin disorders and smoking also increases the risk of skin cancer.
Managing stress levels
Stress can impact the skin in numerous ways. Researchers believe that it can raise inflammation levels, decrease blood and oxygen flow to the skin and also delay skin healing.
Reducing stress not only compliments the mind but also the skin. Stress levels can be reduced in many ways:
- Not engaging in activities that you do not need to
- Practising yoga, breathing exercises and mindfulness may make you calm
- Indulging yourself in recreational activities
Getting enough sleep and staying hydrated
Sufficient sleep promotes overall skin health, not just by reducing dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles but also by preventing other ageing signs and staying responsive and stress-free. One should aim for at least 7-9 hours of sleep.
While consuming an adequate amount of water is also essential for skin health. It prevents lots of skin issues and disorders. It adds more suppleness, elasticity, smoothness and radiance to the skin.
Studies have revealed that people who exercise regularly have improved skin texture and radiance than people who lack physical activity in their routine.
Prevent ageing signs by exercising at least 150 minutes a week and let it bring out the natural glow you wish for.
Natural glow with Astaberry
We, Astaberry, do not recommend chemically rendered products that may cause harm to your skin. Our belief in ayurvedic wisdom reflects in our products. Formulated with natural ingredients, our products work deeply and evenly to impart a natural glow.
We have constituted products that are paraben-free and vegan. Some of our products such as:
- Rice Bran Scrub | Face Scrub For 3X Smoother Skin: Exfoliates deeply and gives a cleansed and clear skin.
- Ikin Diamond Bleach | Ultimate Glow And Radiance: Prevents ageing signs, lightens skin tone and rejuvenates the skin.
- Apricot Scrub | Face Scrub With 2 Min Renewal Therapy: Helps in skin renewal and removes dead skin cells.
- Charcoal Face Wash | Detox & Glow | Face Wash for Clear Skin: Prevents acne and pimples and detoxifies the skin imparting glow.
- Fruit Mini Facial Kit| Face Glow Facial Kit: Gives radiance and makes the skin more soft and supple.
- Aloe Vera Gel for Skin | Natural Aloe Vera Gel: Prevents dehydration, and ageing signs and deeply cleanses the skin.
- Skin Brightening Body Lotion | Natural Body Lotion | Mulberry & Bearberry Extract: Brightens skin tone and adds moisture to the skin to hydrate it thoroughly.
- Papaya Sunscreen Creme | SPF 50: Protects the skin against UVA and UVB rays.
So, stop worrying about skin glow and believe in Astaberry to bring out the natural glow with the ancient science of Ayurveda. Shine out the natural glowing skin and stay healthy.