Have you ever wondered why we have so many health problems, skin problems, and hair fall problems in this modern-day generation? While the generations before had fairly good health, skin and hair when they were young, the people from this generation strive to keep their health in its best condition. The root cause of all of our concerns sums up to the lifestyle we lead. A slight shift in our daily habits can have a big impact on our lives when it comes to staying healthy.
Our lifestyle or the way we lead our lives comprises of the food we eat, the work we do, our sleep schedule, our behaviour towards life, etc. The lifestyle of an average person these days involves an unlimited amount of stress and pernicious eating habits that have adverse effects on our health. In this modern age, when the problems related to one’s health are increasing at an alarming rate, people are also coming up with solutions to such problems. Good eating habits, a healthy sleep schedule, taking care of our body and exercising can reverse the problems to a great extent.
There are some foods that are packed with nutrients and help us to stay healthy from within. One such superfood is Acai berry and there are some plant-based ingredients such as Bakuchiol, which have many benefits for the skin if applied topically. Read further to learn about them
Found in the rainforests of South America, the acai berry can be considered one of the healthiest berries that one can find. Adding them to your diet can do wonders for your health. They contain antioxidants and numerous vitamins and minerals that are said to reduce cholesterol, help reduce weight, and aid in a healthy heart while having many other benefits.
The Amazonian tribes have been using these berries to cure different ailments for ages but it was introduced to the western world around the 1990s. However, very recently the whole world is discovering the benefits of acai berries.
These berries are power packed with nutrients that are good for the skin and overall health. Some of the surprising major benefits of these berries are:
- Slows Down Aging: These berries contain antioxidants that fight free radicals in our bodies which delays the signs of ageing. Due to these properties, it is considered an amazing ingredient for anti-ageing skin care products.
- Controls Pigmentation: Acai berries are considered to be an ingredient that treats hyperpigmentation.
- Control Acne: Acai berries have anti-inflammatory properties that help control acne and can be found as an important ingredient in products for treating acne.
- Lighten Scars: According to some anecdotal pieces of evidence, these berries are considered to have the capacity to lighten acne scars. A homemade facemask by crushing the berries can treat acne scars while leaving your skin fresh.
- Hydrate Your Skin: Due to harsh weather and atmospheric conditions, our skin is exposed to sun, chemicals and pollutants that often make the skin extremely dry. The anti-oxidants present in these berries help to rejuvenate the skin by replenishing the lost moisture in the skin.
- Soften Your Lips: It is said that if the juice of acai berry is applied regularly on the lips, the lips remain hydrated, soft, and luscious.
- Healthy Hair: These berries are beneficial for the hair too as acai berries contain some vital nutrients that promote hair growth and make your hair strong, shiny and soft.
- Reduce Oxidative Damage: Its anti-oxidant properties help reduce the oxidative damage caused by the free radicals in our bodies.
- Improve Immune System: These berries are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals that flush out toxins, boost the immune system and keep us healthy from within.
- Regulates Cholesterol: The acai berries contain a significant amount of healthy fats that help to increase the good cholesterol and decrease the bad cholesterol in the body which aids in weight loss.
Bakuchiol is an active ingredient that is plant-based and is extracted from the seeds and leaves of a tree called Babchi tree. The use of bakuchiol is relatively new to the North American beauty market, however, it has been used in Ayurveda and the Chinese tradition as skincare remedies for centuries.
Bakuchiol is considered to be a natural retinol as just like retinol it stimulates collagen-producing receptors in our skin that helps to keep the skin youthful. However, there is a lesser risk of side effects than retinol. Retinols or retinoids are often found to be harsh on the skin and cause side effects like burning, stinging, peeling, dryness and sun sensitivity. But bakuchiol is slowly gaining popularity as an alternative to retinoids these days as it is much gentler for the skin.
There are many bakuchiol-infused skincare products in the market that are said to treat skin concerns such as premature ageing, acne, skin discolouration, improves texture, etc. but with much lesser skin irritation. It can be found in skincare products like serums and creams, along with other botanical ingredients like rosehip and seaweed that fights the different skin concerns.
Bakuchiol too has anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that fight acne, and free radicals present in our skin resulting in youthful and glowing skin.
These are two super ingredients that can change the entire course of the beauty and health game. Including these ingredients in your daily skincare regime and / or diet can do wonders for your health and skin.